JBCN School Blog
- What Parents Should Look For When Considering A Change Of Schools For Their Child?
- How Technology Is Integrated Into The Teaching Curriculum – At JBCN Oshiwara
- Raising Children With A Growth Mindset – The Power Of Yet
- Key Differences Between Private And Public School
- How A Masters In Education Programme Can Skyrocket Your Career
How Technology Is Integrated Into The Teaching Curriculum – At JBCN Oshiwara
The teaching-learning practices today have become more challenging yet interesting demanding new strategies each day to weave magic amongst the learners. At JBCN International School, Oshiwara we have the ‘SENSES’, a digital medium which is used to facilitate any kind of classroom activity or discussion.
The learners are empowered to make presentations with digital support. Integrating technology with the teaching curriculum indeed helps in developing the most important skills required for any 21st-century learner.
- Learners know what and how to research to consolidate their learning curve.
- Incorporating technology helps the learners to get clarity in their communication and self-management skills.
- There are mutual respect and understanding amongst the learners which also leads to a sense of empathy, promising a healthy collaborative spirit.
- Use of technology brings in the culture of edutainment wherein the learning process becomes a fun approach and retention of knowledge paves the way towards making a life-long learner.
- Integration of technology allows teachers and learners alike to form their own voice and not to take things at face value.
What Is Technology Integration?
At JBCN Oshiwara, each and every teacher is equipped and empowered to make the classroom learning a memorable experience. Our learners are allowed to use i-pads to get a practical understanding of the skills being taught.
Not just that, even the teachers imbibe critical thinking and research skills through meaningful internet browsing which also caters to the aspect of differentiated learning enabling active learning to take place.
Attention is paid more on the development of knowledge and skills as a process to become a life-long learner so that in the practical scenario the students are prepared to face all challenges without the support of the teachers.
Having said that, there is another side of the tale which needs a mention at this juncture. There have been revolutionary concepts like ‘Artificial Intelligence’ and ‘Machine Learning’ that have been the hot topic of discussion for quite some time now.
When we resort to technology as a means to aid in our classroom discourse, we bear in mind that our learners shouldn’t be completely dependent on the features of technology for all their knowledge acquisition. We do promote ‘Media Literacy’ to a great extent to facilitate their learning.
More often than not it is the first generation tech-savvy learners who are equally enthusiastic to suggest alternative approaches to integrating technology for better culmination and exchange of ideas.
With the seamless weaving of technology, our learners are made to become critical thinkers, develop their reasoning and have the power of visualizing and decision-making.
Engaging all the learners and encouraging equal participation from them is also administered by tweaking the technological features to our advantage and inventing our own measures to meet the requirements.
At JBCN Oshiwara, we aspire to achieve the very best for the community of teachers and learners with an effective integration and collaboration of thoughts, strategies, and ideas. This is exactly What Technology Integration is about.
Our learners in Grade 9 and 10 are also encouraged to bring laptops wherein they are taught the importance of looking up features and aspects to resolve any doubts and conflicts, come up with newer approaches to concepts, to simplify the learning with innovative methods, thereby, facilitating a healthy learning-culture and promoting Edu-creative excellence as the underlying objective.
Written By, Mr. Abhinandan Bhattacharya
CAIE and IBDP English Facilitator – JBCN International School, Oshiwara
Share with the world:
Posted on: Friday,2018,Nov,Fri