JBCN School Blog
Best 11 Strategies Involving Students Interest In Learning
Here are some tips for including students in the process –
1. Develop A Reading Atmosphere:It is often observed that students who have a keen interest in reading, develop a love for learning too because they are want to explore endless possibilities and opportunities. Reading not only helps them to develop a rich vocabulary, but it also helps them to process formal communication and concepts. Reading to the child frequently and having them read aloud will create an atmosphere for reading at home as well as in school. Let children pick their own book and make it fun for them instead of compulsion.
2. Put The Child In Charge As Much As Possible:When it comes to education, some kids experience just domination and instruction. When a child is controlled so much, they often withdraw themselves from learning. Children should be allowed to have their own learning experience instead of being regulated all the time. The more control and input the child has in their own learning, they will become more engaged and motivated to learn.
3. Encourage Open And Sincere Communication:
Encouraging open and sincere communication with the child is the key to make him/her feel comfortable and share his/her opinion about everything. When they know that their opinions matter and are taken into consideration, they feel reassured and open up even more.
4. Focus On Your Child’s Interest:When learning engages children in what they are interested in, learning becomes fun for them and they look forward to it. Ask the child which topic interests him the most and find books related to that topic.
5. Encourage Different Types Of Learning Styles:Every child has a different style of learning and there is no right or wrong style. Whichever technique the child is comfortable in learning should be encouraged. There are seven fundamental styles of learning, such as Visual, Audio, Verbal, Physical, Mathematical, Social and Solitary.
6. Share Your Enthusiasm For Learning:When it comes to learning new things, enthusiasm definitely rubs off. Children definitely get inspired by you and if he/she sees that parents/teachers are enthusiastic about learning, they follow the same trait. Always tell the child that learning is a journey of exciting new discoveries. Take every opportunity and discover new information and see the child follow your footsteps.
7. Game-Based Learning Is The Key:
Game-based learning provides opportunities for deeper learning and development of cognitive skills. It motivates the children to learn more. When a child is engaged in a game, their mind experiences the pleasure of learning something new. This is the biggest factor in team-based learning. We often see the competitive spirit of the child come out in games and them wat to win it for themselves or the team. They want to perform at a higher level and outshine everyone. It’s a great way to introduce new ideas, concepts, and knowledge which motivates the children to learn.
8. Help The Child Stay Organized:Helping the child to remain organized will definitely go a long way in making him feel motivated to learn. Children at a young age are a bit disorganized which leads to being frustrated and worried when they cannot finish their assignment or project on time. When a child is organized, they feel in control, less overwhelmed and are motivated to learn.
9. Always Celebrate Achievements:Celebrating and recognizing their achievements, no matter if they are big or small goes a long way in boosting their morale. It builds a positive environment and keeps them motivated to learn and challenge themselves to do better. It could be as small as getting ice cream or appreciating them in front of the whole class.
10. Focus On Strengths:Children often need that push or nudge which motivates them to perform than the last time that they did. Instead of focussing on the weakness, make them aware about their strength and tell them that if they can perform well in one area, they sure have the potential to shine the brightest.
11. Make Every Day A Learning Day:
Turning every day into a learning day will help the child develop the internal motivation to learn something new(no matter how small or simple) in the classroom, at home or wherever he may be.
So try these simple but effective ways to engage the children in their learning process and make it a pleasant experience for them too. Children who take charge of their learning, become responsible and are driven to learn and explore new things.
Written By, JBCN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Share with the world:
Posted on: Friday,2018,Dec,Fri